Floor drain

jmbadge

Reaction score
In need of some advice on replacing starboard side floor drain on a 1989 208. Is there acess if I cut out the bottom of the helm seat storage locker ? Or should I cut a hole through the sidewall just above the drainhole.. Any help would be greatly appreaciated..

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
100_2081.jpg

With this hatch on the side I was able to do the starboard thruhull drain for the fishbox as well.
100_2080.jpg

jmbadge

Reaction score
Wow that looks great. Where did you get the panel ?

jmbadge

Reaction score
What size pannel did you use ? do you think 8 5/8 x 12 1/2 will give me working room ?

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Don't know off hand actual dimensions but your numbers seem like more than enough. Check those numbers against the space on the boat. Do you still have the plastic thru hull drains for the fish boxes?

jmbadge

Reaction score
I was able to locate a hatch of that size and am thinking that will work, just waiting on that nice weather we had last weekend.. The fish drains look great I hear they are a hard find.. From the looks of your photo's you re-done your cabin.. Just finished mine last weekend its a learning expeirence.. :hmm

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I've re-done damn near everything, most of which is posted hear. Do you know how to use the search function? Those drains can be deceiving, thought mine were ok too until they broke. If they are original I would strongly recommend replacing with stainless.