Florida Fishing in March

wrobinson

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Wondering how far South in Florida you need to go to get a good dolphin bite the middle of March. In South Carolina it usually turns on early May so maybe Palm Beach?

Any advie would be appreciated.

gerrys

Reaction score
For the Palm Beach area:
fishnseason.jpg

Blackbird

Reaction score
I fish in the Keys and the dolphin generally don't start showing up until late April/early May. Things really heat up in June. They come up further north (Middle Grounds area in the Gulf) as the summer progresses. You never know but March is pretty early for Florida.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I just checked my 14 year fishing log and I see a fair number of dolphin in March. Most of them in close to shore, in 100' to 300'.

I also notice that I don't have as many entries in March as I have for other months. We can get sustained nor' easters that time of year.

If you do fish Palm Beach County in March, Lake Worth (aka Palm Beach) inlet is by far the safest inlet when things are churned up.

Rob

defiant

Reaction score
Took a trip to Marathon last March from CT,winds sucked, locals stated Apr,June was better weather

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
March is still early, very iffy in terms of weather in both the Atlantic and Gulf. Fish will be moving, April is much better for fish, but weather is always a challenge