Flush Mount Electronics

fellinger

Reaction score
Good day. I have a 95' 272 Sailfish. I removed the "glove box" plastic and have flush mounted a Garmin 7610. Does anyone know offhand if I can fit a 12" display in there as well? I don't have access to the boat right this second and there is a really good deal on the 8212 so, I might want to pick it up ASAP.

liinw8

Reaction score
I have a '99 Marlin and just picked up an 8212 at the blowout price which was just too good to pass up. I measured over the weekend and the top of the helm box will definitely need to be cut to use with a custom face plate and then I figure finish it off with some sort molding on top. I'm also interested in any ideas or wisdom since I just started looking into options--e.g., sea foam starboard, black starboard, acrylic...etc. I'll probably have someone else do the install. I do a fair amount of DIY work on the boat but don't want to experiment with something like this.

fellinger

Reaction score
I did the face for my 7610 with white starboard. It looks ok. It certainly could use to be redone and routered a bit for a better look but, for fishing it is just fine. There will be a gap at the top. I made a filler piece out of starboard and you can add a bead of caulk to seal it.