Flush Mount Horn Replacement

JLR

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 285
I need to replace the horn on my 203 Freedom 285. It is the flush mount with a cover with five slats and a screw on each side of the cover. I think it is an AFI or Marinco cheap 12v horn. Two questions. Can it be replaced from the outside? Is there generally enough slack in the two wires to permit me to replace it from the outside without having to find where, within the area beneath the wheel, the wires originate from? Not looking for a project but just a simple plug and play.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Usually, yes. May not be much as there could be a cable clamp/zip tie of the wiring and it depends on who installed it - but probably enough.

JLR

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 285
Does anyone know for certain what is the make and model of the drop in replacement horn?

JLR

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 285
That certainly looks like it. Now to find out who is the mfg. and the model number. Any ideas?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
That certainly looks like it. Now to find out who is the mfg. and the model number. Any ideas?
It doesn't really matter, in the end. As long as it's the same size you're good. There's a number of manufacturer's that make one this size.

And... they will all fail in a relatively short amount of time :)

JLR

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 285