flushing

lazy grady

Reaction score
Model
Explorer

9/2/23
As to my Mercrusier 350 Bravo Engine flushing socket and garden hose fitting , There appears to be nothing wrong with my existing parts. i just can not get the "garden hose fitting" to seat with tthe socket fitting. I got it to seat one time. Any suggestions as to getting it to seat?

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Not sure how the fitting on you engine is attached but on my outboards I replaced them with quick release/atttach and they just snap on and off. Readily available at lowes / Home Depot

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Not sure how the fitting on you engine is attached but on my outboards I replaced them with quick release/atttach and they just snap on and off. Readily available at lowes / Home Depot
I think I'll give that a try. My little plastic adaptor that snaps in to the flush port under the gunwale seems to get a little more difficult to pop in every time I use it.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes, I use the "snap on" hose attachments on both main and kicker flush ports as well as on both my flushing muffs. Gets rid of lining up threads especially when doing a wash down with motor tilted full up at berth.