Flushmounting Electronics in a 205

beachbob531

Reaction score
My Tournament 205 has an outdated flushmounted Lowrance chartplotter/sounder in it now. I've been looking at a new 7" Garmin 760S which seems really neat. But the hole in the dash that will be left when the Lowrance unit is removed will be a little bit larger than is called for by the new unit. How is that handled without it looking jury rigged? I don't want to bring on the bad karma that must surely result if one fouls up the looks of a GW in any way! Thank you.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Easy...call Brown at Fin-Addict Marine (http://www.finaddictmarine.com) and have him make you a 1/4" piece of starboard to the exact measurements of the flush area. Have him cut the hole for the new Garmin unit (you can email him the template off of Garmin's website.)

When the panel arrives, use it as a guide to recut the hole. Mount the Garmin to the panel and the panel to the dash. Will look brand new. I used this method to mount an ICOM 422 where an ICOM 302 once lived.

Actually, I have two cut panels in my garage for a 205 dash. One has the cutout for a Garmin 3206, the other a Garmin 3210. Had the panels made (in the GW starboard color), but I sold my 205 before I could upgrade the electronics. If they work for you (or anyone else) let me know.....