Fogging a Fuel injected engine

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what they do for fogging a fuel injected engine.

I did my F350 today by running the engine and spraying fogging oil into the throttle body air intake. Then I shut it down and pulled all the plugs and sprayed fogging oil into each cylinder. Once the cylinders were sprayed I turned the engine over without plugs and then buttoned it back up.

seasick

Reaction score
I read somewhere not to fog the intakes. I just pull the plugs and fog the cylinders.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I think all you have to do is in the plugs for Yamaha. On the Suzuki i had on the skiff it says to spary in the intake untill is ready to shut down, then do the plugs.

peter devine

Reaction score
I warm engine, pull plugs, spray crc foggin oil into each chamber for 5 seconds, turn engine couple times w/o plugs. replace plugs.
I heard someone say you should spray the outside of the head with something? does anyone do this.
Also I have never drained the vst for lay up. I was told never to run the fuel pump w/o gas from a yamaha tec

seasick

Reaction score
The manual says to remove the air silencer. Run the motor for 10 minutes with the muffs. Spray Yamaha Engine Store into each carb ( the manual doesn't differentiate between carbed and injected motors) until the motor smokes and slows down. Do each carb and then that's it. It doesn't say to spray Engine Store directly into cylinders.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
[quote="peter devineI heard someone say you should spray the outside of the head with something? does anyone do this.
[/quote]

I spray mine (all engines really) with CRC 656, keeps the motor corrosion free everywhere and she looks good too. I try to do this after every time i use the boat.
About the VST, i'm clueless, i'm learning on that now. Just In Time and seasick are pretty good on this.

Lainie J

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Winterize

I also spray into the air intakes until motor smokes nice and white. Then remove plugs and spray into cylinders and crank over without starting. Have been doing since 2002 and no problems.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Peter, when you drain the VST tank, you will refill it by squeezing the primer bulb until firm. There is a float / needle valve in the VST tank that shuts off the flow at a specified height in tank.

Affix a written note at your ignition switch reminding you to pump the bulb before turning the key, come Spring.

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
the right way to fog is to spark into each intake and keep sparing until the motor dies and even after it dies you keep sparing until it stops

also you want at least 1500 rpms's

as for fuel infected

no fogging oil, you just use a 2 stroke/stabilizer/ring free mix

i have them posted on switchbait for everybody

seasick

Reaction score
JUST-IN-TIME said:
the right way to fog is to spark into each intake and keep sparing until the motor dies and even after it dies you keep sparing until it stops

also you want at least 1500 rpms's

as for fuel infected

no fogging oil, you just use a 2 stroke/stabilizer/ring free mix

i have them posted on switchbait for everybody

That's what I though for my 2000 injected Yami 150 but the original owners manual says to fog through the air intake ports. I haven't done that in a few years and probably won't in the future either.