Follow-Up to my question"Is a Bow Thruster the answer

Sundancejoel

Reaction score
Thanks again to everyone who responded to my query about bow thrusters. I am convinced that a bow thruster is the way to go. I've spoken to a number of dealers and one of them has recommended that I buy a "ignition protected" unit which costs an additional $1,000.00.

Did anyone elect to buy an "ignition protected" bow thruster? Most people I've spoken with have not.

I am going with a Imtra SE60 unit. After calling Imtra and getting the names of independent dealers they recommend, and after calling all of them, I've received installed prices at my boat yard in Beach Haven, NJ ranging from $5,800.00 to $9,100.00. Quite a range.

Has anyone dealt with E.C. Ruff Marine, out of Davia, Fl. or Rick Sweeten, of Line Six Services, out of Mullica Hill, N.J.

Joel

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Why did dealer say he recommended ignition protected?

For your outboard powered boat.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
if you price the thrusters, the sidepower model that i believe gw uses is about $2k retail (not what a mfg or installer would pay). so other than a couple of add'l parts, the rest of the cost of aftermarket installation is labor. and a lot of it. your price variance probably reflects who has work orders backed up and who doesn't. that said, you should still go with the top notch installer for such an invasive procedure. ron