For those running Honda Generators - where do you mount them or keep them

67greengt

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
We have a 2006 282 sailfish and am looking to get a Honda2200 generator but was curious as to where you guys mount them or keep them aboard? We want to have house power for a kuerig machine or toaster or microwave

thanks I’m advance
Tom

BobH1

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Interested also. Have a 268 Islander. Probably store under port side seat. When in use either transom or on top of the hardtop.

Liberty

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
You might think about something like this which might be safer but not sure if it will meet your power needs.

Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 1000​

67greengt

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Interesting thank you for sharing, did some research on them and it seems it could do what I need. Also found one called bluetti which has 4800w surge power, charges a bit quicker and has add on battery capability as well as mobile app features. Think I might give it a whirl. Now just need to find a little 30a jumper cable to plug it into the shore power connection

Liberty

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
Interesting thank you for sharing, did some research on them and it seems it could do what I need. Also found one called bluetti which has 4800w surge power, charges a bit quicker and has add on battery capability as well as mobile app features. Think I might give it a whirl. Now just need to find a little 30a jumper cable to plug it into the shore power connection
Great - Hope it works out for you.

deepdesire

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Most small inverter generators have low oil shut down. When mounting on a hardtop you could shut down the genset when the boat rocks due to the oil level sloshing. Also be very aware of CO. Always use a CO detector.