Forum Members Who Tinker With Penn Reels?

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Just read the original moderator passed away. Are there other guys still maintaining that site?

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Gosh, hadn't heard that. If you are looking for info about how to service/repair or upgrade your reels, Alan did excellent "how to" posts with pictures for each different reel brand and model. The discussion portion may no longer be around but I'm sure those archived posts about "How to" are still available.

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
You will find more than you need here...

https://alantani.com/
Alan is the reason I've got a Grady, he is local to me, in Saratoga, he told me to come over and see his Grady. I bought my 228 because he told me to.

He is also the reason that I have 8 or more Shimano Toriums, he convinced Shimano to change the grease they used and then he said those are 100 year reels, I will never have to open one of those up".

That dude knows reels and knows how to make them better, there is not a better dude on the west coast for reel repair than him.

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Late to the party, but alan's site is the best place, bar none on reels. Those guys have forgotten more about peen reels than most of us will ever know...

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I don't think that Alan has departed us, maybe the deceased moderator in question is Sal Ciarlante.
You are correct. I made a mistake about Alan's passing. I was told that it was Alan's father who passed away. Don't know for sure, just what I was told by someone else. I apologize for the mistake.

SteveJB

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer

They 2nd chance tackle on YouTube. He shows you how to repair all kinds of reels.
I've restored many watching him.

Reactions: Meanwhile