Forward Bilge

capeguy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a 2017 Canyon 306. It hs both forward and aft bilge pumps. After it rains, my forward bilge needs pumping, substantial water accumulates there. I know it is not salt water and thus a leak, it is only after a rain. Anyone else have this? I can't find any obvious source, its a pretty good amount of water, so not a small leak...

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
Hi all,
I have a 2017 Canyon 306. It hs both forward and aft bilge pumps. After it rains, my forward bilge needs pumping, substantial water accumulates there. I know it is not salt water and thus a leak, it is only after a rain. Anyone else have this? I can't find any obvious source, its a pretty good amount of water, so not a small leak...

On my 228, rain can get in via the anchor locker.

Reactions: blindmullet

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
When you say, 'needs pumping', that implies that the float switch in the forward bilge is not kicking the pump on. If it is a substantial amount of water, I would check into that.
Where do your rod holders/cup holders drain?

TortugaBob

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Yes, same on Marlin 300, plus the front bilge seems lower point than aft. If it gets high enough will Auto pump, but usually have to manually pump. As stated, Anchor Locker, Windlass seems to be the entry point.

Timbo

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
On my 228, rain can get in via the anchor locker.
I have the exact issue on my 282 sailfish. I’ve alway thought it was coming in from the anchor rode opening next to the windless and going through anchor locker into the bilge