Found this in my bilge...anyone know what it is?

Uncle Binky

Reaction score
I discovered that my bait tank is leaking into the bilge. Not sure why the float switch wasn't working, but when I opened the access port at the aft bilge, this is what I saw laying on the bottom. I've worked in that bilge before and installed a new transducer, not having seen this previously, so I'm a bit puzzled. Looks like it might be a bilge pump mounting flange or something like that.... can anyone identify it?

Mystery Mount.jpg

Keitha

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I can't seem to get a sense of scale on that - It could be 6" diameter or 2". How big is the piece? My first reaction is same as yours; a macerate or bilge pump flange.
Does/did it have a head? it could be a backing flange on the toilet...

Greyduk

Reaction score
The color makes me think it looks like the flange from a battery selector switch.

Reactions: SkunkBoat

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I think Greyduk nailed it. Looks like the outside flange from the battery switch....or a previous battery switch.

Uncle Binky

Reaction score
I can't seem to get a sense of scale on that - It could be 6" diameter or 2". How big is the piece? My first reaction is same as yours; a macerate or bilge pump flange.
Does/did it have a head? it could be a backing flange on the toilet...
It would be a 5 1/2" OD were it not broken.

Uncle Binky

Reaction score
The color makes me think it looks like the flange from a battery selector switch.
You nailed it - broken flange from battery selector switch. Can't imagine how it got there - those switches are separated from the bilge by a bulkhead. Gotta be from the PO.