Fountain

Tigercat

Reaction score
Do any of you guys know anything about Fountain CC 29 feet with 2 225 mercury engines on it how it rides in ocean and handles Thanks

Christos

Reaction score
Tigercat,

I do not have any experience with a 29 foot Fountain, however, I have had experience with a 34 foot. For the last 3 summers i have owned a 336 Grady and my cousin has a 34 foot Fountain. They are 2 very different hulls, one is for speed (Fountain) and one is for rough water / comfort (Grady). The Fountains have a narrow beam which increases speed but loses stability (9 foot beam on the 34 Fountain) Where the grady has a 11 foot 8 inch beam on the 336 which is quite a difference. In rough open seas the fountain can not keep up to the grady as he can not use his horsepower (triple 300 mercs) with his hull. Very nice boat, the fit and finish is no where near the Grady.
Every hull is a compromise!

Fountain = Speed , looks, fishing
Grady = Comfort, quality, fishing

My opinion.

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tigercat said:
Do any of you guys know anything about Fountain CC 29 feet with 2 225 mercury engines on it how it rides in ocean and handles Thanks

I didnt know GW made a Fountain model or mounted Merc's on their boats... :wink:

'05 300 Marlin w/F250's

Tigercat

Reaction score
I had a chance to pick one up cheap but I guess its not a good idea. Thanks for the information Christos I own a Grady White I guess I do not need 2 :lol: boats.

jcjbloca

Reaction score
Fountain does make a deep V express cruiser type 29 with twin outboards, in addition to their cigarette type ocean racers. You should find out which type of boat is for sale. If it is the former then it will be similar to a GW express, at least in hull shape if not in construction.

Reel Soon

Reaction score
Tigercat said:

My buddie had a 29 foot Fountain Walkaround with those mercs. We went offshore alot in that boat. It's a fast boat but it will beat you up the whole way at any speed. The helm was to far forward on the Walkaround model and by the time you got back to the dock everything hurt and you didn't want to go again, seriously painfull.
The mercs broke down repeatedly and he is a very meticulous guy that always performed more than the required maintenance. I would stay away from it. Think(slam,slam,slam) Looks real nice out of the water though. :sorry