Four pole rack for a1994 Adventure

Stony Johnson

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Hi all, I just bought a 1994 Adventure in great shape. It has a soft top. I'm trying to figure out where would be the best place to mount a four pole rack in the cockpit. There are very few areas to drill into that will provide ample strength to hold 4 conventional rigs.

Anyone have any suggestions? Recommendations of pole holder manufacture and type?

Thanks,

Stony

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
A simple rod holder - for storage, which is what it sounds like you are after - doesn't have to be anything special, nor does it need a super strong mounting surface. Probably about $20 will get you started. Google will return a lot of results. Among others, try TH Marine.

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I've seen people mount plastic ones to the sides of the cuddy cabin, if just used for storage. You'd just have to find a location where it didn't interfere with the bimini frame. In my case, I've got 4 rod holders on the Kodiak bait tank mounted in the center of the deck, and also 6 holders on the radar arch. As Dennis states above, if they are just for storage, they don't have to be super strong.

Fishtales

Reaction score
There are SS and plastic ones out there. My rule - if mounting waist height or higher and you won't bang into them, go with SS or plastic if you are cost sensitive. Lower height than your waist go with plastic - a bit more forgiving WHEN you bang into them.