Freedom 275 or 285

diveman38

Reaction score
I placed an order for a freedom 275 without a hardtop (low bridge), the boat will be docked in Ft Lauderdale. Would it be worth it to switch the order to the 285?
The boat will be used for fishing and cruising reading through this forum I have heard mention of the 275 leaning a few degress.
Thanks Rob

JMAT

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 325
I believe there is a huge difference in size and class between the 275 and 285, Big difference in price as well. I was looking between the 325 and 335, again huge difference in size and class. I decided to go with the 325. Have you been on both yet? I know it's hard to see them right now due to non availability but when your spending that much money may be worth a look. Also, take a factory tour if you can. Well worth it. You should be able to see both boats there. Good luck. How long has it been on order? I ordered mine in early April and my delivery date has now been pushed back till December. Very frustrating.

SCW

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
I would say it all depends on what you are using the boat for and where. I have a 275 and love it... but do wish I had a 285 or even 307. I live on Cape Cod and Nantucket Sound is choppy more often than not. Going by other boats I have been on, I feel the bigger boat would handle it better. That being said, this is my 3rd season with my boat so I am cautious and still consider myself a rookie captain. The boat can probably handle more than I can.

diveman38

Reaction score
I believe there is a huge difference in size and class between the 275 and 285, Big difference in price as well. I was looking between the 325 and 335, again huge difference in size and class. I decided to go with the 325. Have you been on both yet? I know it's hard to see them right now due to non availability but when your spending that much money may be worth a look. Also, take a factory tour if you can. Well worth it. You should be able to see both boats there. Good luck. How long has it been on order? I ordered mine in early April and my delivery date has now been pushed back till December. Very frustrating.
I ordered the boat in the beginning of July 2021 with a March delivery date, I still have time to change to the 285 if I want.

JMAT

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 325
The 307 is awesome. Congrats and good luck.

JMAT

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 325
Did you still eliminate the hardtop on your 307. What options did you get on her?

SCW

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
307 = outstanding!

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Congrats on the 307! If you did order her without the hardtop, please post some pics when you get her. Will be interesting to see.

Tx, Rob