Freedom Back to Back Seat

Capt Tom

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
Does anyone have any idea on how much weight one of these seat ends can hold when fully extended? I am talking about sitting on the very end, I had to tell someone who started to sit down there not to do it but it is not designed to support that much weight.IMG_20190429_112506276.jpg

fastexas

Reaction score
I have that seat and have had a 280 lb. guy on it numerous times. Yours must be a big 'ole boy

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If there is a published weight rating for these types of seats, I have never seen it in my decades of boating. For any manufacturer. There are differences in how some are built, though, that I can tell you for sure. I'd would just use your best judgement - look at the rail system underneath (I assume that's using a sliding rail system and not just the clunky/notchy pull thing) and test it out. I think you were right to err on the safe side, though.

Reactions: CEJ

Fishtales

Reaction score
fatties need not sit and to be honest, they should know it by now....:)

Rustygaff

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
While we are on the subject, does anyone know where GW sources these seats? The scissor mechanism on my seat somehow got racked prior to my ownership and needs to be replaced. I am not sure if I can straighten out the original where it will not bind. Just getting to the fasteners to take the seat apart will be a chore in itself. Ugg.

fastexas

Reaction score
While we are on the subject, does anyone know where GW sources these seats? The scissor mechanism on my seat somehow got racked prior to my ownership and needs to be replaced. I am not sure if I can straighten out the original where it will not bind. Just getting to the fasteners to take the seat apart will be a chore in itself. Ugg.

Likely Pompanette or Wise

Capt Tom

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
Probably the result of someone sitting on the end. It is the aluminum scissor mechanism you mentioned I am concerned about.

Rustygaff

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
Probably the result of someone sitting on the end. It is the aluminum scissor mechanism you mentioned I am concerned about.
The likely scenario on mine. It appears that the previous owner drilled out the rivets on the aft section of the scissor and then bent the arms inwards so the seat would not bind. Since we are so close to launch time this season I think I will wait until fall and pull it apart. I may be able to straighten the arms in a vice and re-attach.

CMS1

Reaction score
The ends of these seats are meant to support your head or feet when after sitting down on the middle you lay down. They are not meant to support any kind of weight other than that without bending the small metal support arms.