Fresh Water Pressure Low

jlflynn1

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 307
Just noticed over the weekend that the water pressure coming out of my faucet in the head, stern shower and faucet by the grill is all very weak. I’ve always had good water pressure. I do not see any leaks. I can hear the pump turn on and when I turn the faucet off, the pump turns off shortly after and the system maintains pressure. Is there a filter that I might have to check? The boat is a 2009 307. Thanks for your input.

jlflynn1

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 307
Should be a filter at the pump. If the water tank has gotten skunky (not laid up right for extended times and/or not treated properly), then you may have clogs at every faucet, too. Remove the aerators and check.
Thanks, I’ll take a look tomorrow

Newport Grady

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Time for a pump rebuild. There is probably a clogged strainer filter going into the pump. Clean all diaphragms. 2 hour job. Should help.

Fishtales

Reaction score
if still there, you may be swapping the pump.

jlflynn1

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 307
Just got back from boat. very easy to remove filter. It was clogged up. Cleaned it and put back. My water pressure is better than ever. Literally took 5 minutes. Thank you for the tips.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Good - easy fixes are always nice! But you're only halfway there. It clogged because there's probably gunk in the tank, too. Gotta clean the tank out - then use the water on a regular basis and also use a water freshener treatment.

jlflynn1

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 307
I use the treatment. At this point the 2009 boat was new to me last year. Unfortunately I know the prior owner did no maintenance. Boat had only 48 hours on a fresh water lake. I kinda have a feeling that filter has been clogged for a while. Anyway I’ll keep an eye on it. If the filter clogs up again, I’ll clean the tank. But that seems like a real pain in the ass. Tank is in tough spot. Not even sure how I wound suck all the water and gook out. I guess I can try to send a skinny tube all the way down the fill and siphon it out. Thanks again for the feedback.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Nah. Just put about a cup of bleach and about 5 gallons of water in there. Let it slosh around for a weekend. Then disconnect the output side of the pump (or the first fitting you get to after the pump) and pump the solution into a bucket and dump this initial mess down a toilet. Clean the filter as needed as you go. Then put another 5 gallons of water in there and pump that out (into the bilge should be fine, if you want. Repeat once more. If the filter now stays clean, put about 1/4 cup of bleach and 5 gallons in the tank, reattach everything and pump the solution through all faucets. Let it sit over night, then flush it out till the tank is dry. Then another couple flushes with just water. This isn't an exact science, but something along these lines should work.

For getting rid of that initial mess, you could also disconnect the input side of the pump and plumb that hose to dirty pump or a shop vac.

jlflynn1

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 307
Nah. Just put about a cup of bleach and about 5 gallons of water in there. Let it slosh around for a weekend. Then disconnect the output side of the pump (or the first fitting you get to after the pump) and pump the solution into a bucket and dump this initial mess down a toilet. Clean the filter as needed as you go. Then put another 5 gallons of water in there and pump that out (into the bilge should be fine, if you want. Repeat once more. If the filter now stays clean, put about 1/4 cup of bleach and 5 gallons in the tank, reattach everything and pump the solution through all faucets. Let it sit over night, then flush it out till the tank is dry. Then another couple flushes with just water. This isn't an exact science, but something along these lines should work.

For getting rid of that initial mess, you could also disconnect the input side of the pump and plumb that hose to dirty pump or a shop vac.
Ok - great. Thanks for the info.