Fresh water problem

Bebo

Reaction score
I am having a problem with the fresh water not pumping unless the tank is completely full. I think it is losing prime and had always been hard to get it primed, it seems that the tank is lower than the pump. If I fill it all the way with some extra pressure from the garden hose, it will work fine for a while and pumps a strong spray. I will get it working before a trip and it will work fine for a while then just stops. Any ideas? It is not leaking anywhere and the tank is mostly full when it quits. When it is not working I do not hear the pump running, but not sure it is supposed to. Possibly a bad self priming pump? This one has had me scratching my head for a while now.

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Did you check the small filter/strainer next to the pump (if so equipped )? Opened mine up and flushed out some gunk and it flowed great after that.

Bebo

Reaction score
Have not seen one, but have not looked very hard. Is it like a strainer for a faucet? If so, it would be inside the hose fitting correct?

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
No..it looks like a small transparent gas filter and would be readily visible between the hose and the pump....not inside of the line. Guessing you dont have one...but just to be sure, look at the hoses on each side of your pump and follow them to the ends .