Fresh water pump

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
When you try the shower does the pump turn on or is there silence. If the pump cycles on it may be a clog in the in-line filter or a clog in the shower head. I am not familiar with how your system works but if it has an on/off switch at the faucet and the pump does not cycle on It is probable a bad switch or a bad ground. Not sure how your system is set up but on mine it is pretty simple. You open the faucet valve and the pressure switch on the pump senses that and the pump turns on . The only other thing I could suggest if the pump turns on and there is no water flowing there could be a break in you water lines or there coild be a.hole in the tank. Good luck

Gulffisher

Reaction score
Can you please clarify a few items?

You have a faucet and a sprayer and these are at different locations on your boat, correct?
Do you know if both of these devices are "fresh water" from an onboard tank you fill from a garden hose or might one be raw water from outside the boat?
When you say the "pump tests out ok" do you mean you hear the motor running or do you mean you hear the motor running and you see water flowing? And if water is flowing, from where does it flow?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
At 3 decades old there could have been any number of changes made to this system over the years by who knows how many owners.

Can you clarify what "pump tests OK" means? To me, that would mean that you disconnected the output hose, turned on the pump and had good water flow/pressure coming out.

If you add more information and clarify better, that will help us. Meaning, normally if someone says a faucet doesn't work then we look for a bad motor, filter blockage or line blockage/leak.