Fresh water system on 330 Express

readafore

Reaction score
Is there a drain cock or valve on the fresh water system in a 330 Express? My pump keeps running and I can't get any pressure to any of the faucets in the cabin, head, or transom shower. Where is the strainer located. My thinking is that even if the stainer was clogged, the pump would pressurize the system then stop. I checked for leaks and gurgles and found none. Thanks

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
It sounds like it's air-bound. With water in the tank, I'd try opening all the water faucets, then close them one at a time when water starts running out. Once the system is purged and all valves closed, the pump should pressurize the system and stop.

Stonewall

Reaction score
The pump and strainer are located in a weird place. Go into the aft cabin and you will see an access panel on the Port side of the berh. Remove the screw caps and the screws and take off the panel. You will find everything right there. Make sure you have a drill / driver for the screws - there are a lot of them. It doesn't take too long but the quarters get cramped to work in.

If you get lost - just turn on the fresh water system and follow the sound. You will also find the Trim Tab pump in there and access to the AC and a few other little secrets.

mronzo

Reaction score
The drain is on the hot water heater tank. Make sure that is closed and then fill the whole system.