Fresh water tank cap

Triple J

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
We have a 27 ft Sailfish. Recently we lost the original fresh water tank cap. I’m wondering where to buy the replacement? Is it standard water tank cap? Size? Appreciate if someone can provide some information. Thanks

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
look on the tank for a manufacturer label. If you can find out who made the tank, you can contact them. Grady customer service and the parts guy at the local dealer are usually helpful for things like this.

Reactions: Triple J

seasick

Reaction score
There are different sizes but if you measure the threaded portion and the cap diameter you can search on Amazon. That said, just take the measurements to a marine store.
It is most probable that your fuel cap is the same size. You also may want to look for a cap with the retaining chain. That will lessen the risk of loosing the new one.
This may be the correct size but you have to measure

Reactions: Triple J

Triple J

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thank you very much for the information. We will measure it and try.

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I lost a fuel cap and used the fresh water tank as a temporary replacement until I got a new one. They were the same Perko cap just with a different marking. Got my replacement fuel cap from West Marine.

seasick

Reaction score
Just to add: The plastic caps are fine for the water tank and are less expensive.