Fresh water wash down

Lobster226

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Does anyone know where to find replacement rubber cover for gunnel fresh water wash down .
Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
Online and in some Marine stores. Most of the fittings are made by Scandvik.
I don't know whick fixture you have but maybe it looks like this

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I had that as original equipment on mine. Changed to the late model version. Nice upgrade. Never cared for the flap cover.

20180413_202631.jpg20180413_202622.jpg

Reactions: Viking88rd

Viking88rd

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I had that as original equipment on mine. Changed to the late model version. Nice upgrade. Never cared for the flap cover.

View attachment 12173View attachment 12174
I am engaged in the same project on 2007 Marlin. Original fixture was plastic. Removed it the other day to replace with the "new style" stainless like you have pictured. The hole saw cut hole is too small. Noodling now on how to enlarge the existing hole to accept the new fixture. Thoughts? I've done some basic searches (you tube, etc) and it appears that I need to recreate a pilot hole for the hole saw.

Lobster226

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Online and in some Marine stores. Most of the fittings are made by Scandvik.
I don't know whick fixture you have but maybe it looks like this

Thanks Seasick, that is what I am looking for.

imjus4u2nv

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I am engaged in the same project on 2007 Marlin. Original fixture was plastic. Removed it the other day to replace with the "new style" stainless like you have pictured. The hole saw cut hole is too small. Noodling now on how to enlarge the existing hole to accept the new fixture. Thoughts? I've done some basic searches (you tube, etc) and it appears that I need to recreate a pilot hole for the hole saw.
Not sure how much material you need to remove but a dremel can work wonders.

Viking88rd

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Not sure how much material you need to remove but a dremel can work wonders.
That may be the answer. The depth of the material to remove is quite substantial. Hole only needs to be enlarged a little though in diameter. It will be slow going, but doable I think

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Viking,,,,, I made a template from some scrap wood that I had around. Got correct size hole saw, drilled hole in template and then placed template over existing hole and centered on hole and proceeded to cut out the bigger hole while template held hole saw centered. Board was long enough that I recruited the Admiral to sit on one end to help hold in place. Worked like a charm.

Viking88rd

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Viking,,,,, I made a template from some scrap wood that I had around. Got correct size hole saw, drilled hole in template and then placed template over existing hole and centered on hole and proceeded to cut out the bigger hole while template held hole saw centered. Board was long enough that I recruited the Admiral to sit on one end to help hold in place. Worked like a charm.
That sounds like a perfect plan! Great idea!

seasick

Reaction score
If you have a hole saw for the old diameter, cut a hole in a piece of wood and same the cutout, Now take that piece and glue it into the old hole. You can use caulk, silicon, 4200, whatever. Now you can use the center hole for the pilot bit of the hold saw with the bigger diameter. Once started the plug serves little purpose.
Also, start the new hole by running the hole saw in reverse and l score the gelcoat. Now run in forward to cut the hole.

Lite Tackle

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
All you guys flaunting your high & mighty freshwater washdown is making us with just the lowly raw water washdown feel inferior. Maybe a new mod in my future.

Viking88rd

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
If you have a hole saw for the old diameter, cut a hole in a piece of wood and same the cutout, Now take that piece and glue it into the old hole. You can use caulk, silicon, 4200, whatever. Now you can use the center hole for the pilot bit of the hold saw with the bigger diameter. Once started the plug serves little purpose.
Also, start the new hole by running the hole saw in reverse and l score the gelcoat. Now run in forward to cut the hole.
Another great idea. I had seen this technique on YouTube. Great tip to run hole saw in reverse to score the gel coat. Thanks!!

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
All you guys flaunting your high & mighty freshwater washdown is making us with just the lowly raw water washdown feel inferior. Maybe a new mod in my future.

You know you have to have it!!! Go for it!!!

You made a bunch of us buy the ruler!!!! :cool: