Fresh Water Washdown Replacement

Desperado

Reaction score
The black flap on my transom washdown has finally broken. Has anyone been able to find a factory replacment assembly? Or at least something that will fit in the hole without having to cut it out more? Thanks!

Winged Pig

Reaction score
I replaced mine with an original part from GW. However, given the price I paid for it I would not do that again. While the new cover fits perfectly the rubber (particularly the thin tab where it connects) is pretty thin and I can see it breaking again, especially with my grandkids using it. After replacing it I found several complete systems - hose, head and cover - for not much more money and they seem to be a more durable design.

So if this one ever starts to look like crap or gives up the ghost I will go the full replacement route.

Hope that helps.

Desperado

Reaction score
I ordered a nice SS one, but the diameter of the insert would require cutting the transom hole larger. I would prefer to avoid that if possible because it has a wood core.

reelserious

Reaction score
I replced the whole assembly last year on my Sailfish. Ordered direct from Scandvik, who is the OEM. Was not very expensive. Just do a search and hunt around on their site and you should be able to find what you need.