Freshwater hose - extension?

georgemjr

Reaction score
Has anyone added length to the freshwater hose? I have 2 on my 33 Express and would like to make at least 1 of them longer so that I can use it as a freshwater wash down and reach the entire cockpit (niether do at the moment). If so, where did you get the hose? Was it one long length or did you piece together 2 lines?

lgusto

Reaction score
I've wrestled with the same issue for a couple of years (on and off of course).

Just replacing the OEM hose with a longer version isn't easy because of the unique fitting on the handle end. I tried joining a new section to the OEM section but never could get the internal joiner fitting, necessary to allow the hose to run through the transom opening, to keep from coming loose.

For now I'm back to just the OEM hose and curse at it every time I want to shower because it only reaches as high as my chest. If I ever get the time I'll take the OEM to a local hose manufacturer and have a new one made that includes the unique fitting at the handle end.

Anyone with other ideas? Perhaps Grady sells a longer replacement?

Boat Hound

Reaction score
I just went through this same thing on 265 Express. I ended up putting a T at the cockpit sinkand pulled hose back to the transom (though the rigging tubes) to add a regular wash down set up. It took about an hour and $120 in parts/fittings.

seabob4

Reaction score
Are you guys talking about an actual hose, or the blue water line and fittings, like Whale products?

Got Grady?

Reaction score
By the sea by the sea by the beaut.......
I am going to add a 30 gallon freshwater tank where the reserve fuel tank would have been and plumb it using standard fittings with a coil hose at the back. Hope it works out like I plan. Of course if the oil comes in the next few days like they say it will then I probably wont bother.

Boat Hound

Reaction score
seabob4 said:
Are you guys talking about an actual hose, or the blue water line and fittings, like Whale products?
I think he is looking to use the freshwater shower in the cockpit for a washdown. He is looking to extend the shower hose.

My suggestion was just to add another outlet with a proper hose connection so you can use a coiled washdown hose. If not I totally replied incorrectly

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
George just put a T in the inline fresh water hose and put a spicket where ever you want it.Clamp tight and you will always have fresh water pressure whenever the fresh water pump is on.

The Black Pearl II

Reaction score
hose

i put a fresh water hose bid just above my salt water wash down. added a hose, and I can was the cockpit etc. I tried adding a longer hose to one of the on board water spigot, but when you put it back inside, it seems to get caught on things! the hose bid is great. then when we wash the boat, someone can be using dock water and we still have a hose for washing rods etc. plenty of pressure. now what i want to do is add a hose bib and direct lines to the motors that are plumbed in, then when you want to flush the motors, just turn on water.

lgusto

Reaction score
I like the idea of adding another outlet next to the raw water wash down.

But, I got annoyed over the situation yesterday and discovered the OEM fitting on the nozzle end of the hose is really just a compression fitting that came apart pretty easily. I then just put that fitting on a longer hose of the same inside and outside diameter. Problem solved.

Of course, never satisfied, I'll probably add that extra outlet and a coiled hose too. It's a great idea - thanks everyone!

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If you guys add a second fitting next to raw water fitting you will have a very hard time with the two coiled hoses tangle with each other.

George, you can splice/cut the original hose, use a barbed fitting then clamp together with those clamps used for the sprinkle system in our yards. Those clams are very small. Just thinking out loud here, never tried it so make sure the clam fits the opening where the original hose is coming out before cutting anything and then cursing at me :lol: