Freshwater Shower Cover

Finatic

Reaction score
While doing some spring cleaning on the boat today, I noticed that the rubber cover on my transom freshwater washdown is shot. Does anyone know the manufacturer or how to obtain the rubber cap?

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Same thing happened to our boat. The cover, the connecting strap, and a ring gasket are all one piece. Available from your GW dealer. Just remove the screws and the gasket-strap-cover can be worked into place.

Brian

gulfcart

Reaction score
I just replaced mine yesterday.. Mines on a 33 but probably the same.. I called Grady..

The Company is ITC Corp. Part number 97014BSST

Tele 616-396-1355

Around $52 for the cup and gasket and mesh bag..Don't know if they'll just sell the gasket?!

seasick

Reaction score
ocnslr said:
Same thing happened to our boat. The cover, the connecting strap, and a ring gasket are all one piece. Available from your GW dealer. Just remove the screws and the gasket-strap-cover can be worked into place.

Brian
The strap on mine broke years ago. I cut off the tab and pop riveted (stainless) a stainless 6 inch preformed wire leader ( fishing tackle) to the center of the cover. I used one of the screws on the ring and put the other end of the wire leader under that. So now the cap hangs by the wire leader when removed. At some point I will have to replace the whole thing, it is getting dried out but I got 4 years out of it after the strap broke.

Finatic

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I was able order the cover from my local Grady dealer. For anyone that is interested the part # is 30-507 and it cost about $16.