Friend's 2002 Grady 282 - Stolen Ocean City, MD

Reaction score
WOW that's bad... I will keep an eye out on the Severn River MD

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The boat was found, but unfortunately, it has been stripped of all electronics, the engines, and who knows how much damage was done during that rampage. I hope the owner can be made whole, by his insurance. Something we all need to consider; do we have agreed value, of will the insurance policy only provide for average/low book less deductible? Sad.

Reaction score
I guess now the best they can do now is watch out for the Serial numbers on the motors.... watch Craigslist and Ebay.

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I was a cop in Baltimore for 30 years. Doesn't surprise me that this boat was found stripped in that hell hole of a city. I'm thinking those engines are off to the Caribbean in a shipping container. I hope not, but that's what usually happens.

chesapeake

Reaction score
Capt Bill said:
The boat was found, but unfortunately, it has been stripped of all electronics, the engines, and who knows how much damage was done during that rampage. I hope the owner can be made whole, by his insurance. Something we all need to consider; do we have agreed value, of will the insurance policy only provide for average/low book less deductible? Sad.
My agent tells me that if I want book value or more, I must have a full condition and value (C&V) survey. He said to use a SAMS or NAMS surveyor and to get the full survey not the short (cheaper) 2 page report. He says the 2 page is often rejected.

grady23

Reaction score
Sorry you were ripped off. I hope these scum are caught or killed soon. what insurance do you have? I curious as I have Boat US right now and want to know what lind of hoops you need to jump thru to be made whole from this ordeal.