Fuel alarm

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Has anyone heard of an out of fuel alarm on a 2000 gulfstream with twin 2000 yamaha’s . Yamaha Gauges.
Thnks

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
If I'm remembering correctly, when I was running a 99 208 with a Yam 200, I would get a low tank level alarm if I let it get that low. Sometimes it would alarm depending on the attitude of the boat. The fuel gauge would flash first.

seasick

Reaction score
What motors are and what gauges?
The digital LCD display will flash the one bar when fuel gets to a certain level.
That said, there is no audible alarm for low fuel as far as I am aware.l Depending on the motor model, audibles may be sounded for critical low oil, overheating and in some cases, water in the fuel.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
After owning a 208 for 8 years, I had a 258 for 7 years and now a Marlin for the last 4 years. I have never heard a low fuel level alarm on the Journey or the Marlin. That being said, I believe Seasick must be correct as I've had these tanks low enough to have the levels flash. I must be mis-remembering this alarm on the Adventure. Probably got an alarm for one thing and my aging brain is confusing it with another.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I only remember the flashing last bar on my previous boat. I've never let them run down below 1/4 of a tank.

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Thanks guys for getting back , I was looking at purchasing a Grady , went for trial run , buzzer went crazy .next day Seller and HIS mechanic said Boat, ran out of gas ....

seasick

Reaction score
Thanks guys for getting back , I was looking at purchasing a Grady , went for trial run , buzzer went crazy .next day Seller and HIS mechanic said Boat, ran out of gas ....
Sounds a bit fishy to me. If it ran out of gas, how did you get back? Depending on the model the alarm might have been a water in the gas alarm but if so, there may be water in the tank. Adding fresh gas will absorb some of that water but the water in the motor fuel filter would have to be drained to clear the alarm condition.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The alarm is triggered either by a low oil condition, or by overheating.

I wonder if the oil was low......