Fuel Bladder 272 Sailfish

fellinger

Reaction score
I know there are thread on here addressing fuel bladders but, I haven't found one that addresses my question. I'd like to add a 50gal fuel bladder for use on my 1995 272 Sailfish. My plan was to secure it on the bow area and using a quick connect system to run it dry first before switching to onboard tanks. My questions is do you think the extra 300# of weight near the bow for ~50 miles in good sea conditions will be a problem? I am thinking not but, wanted some other input before I pull the trigger on the purchase. More than likely on these runs I will have 4 to 5 guys (total), full fuel, and full cooler compartments in the cockpit. This is why I don't that forward weight will be an issue.

Thanks,

Fred

transfib

Reaction score
I would experiment with a plastic 30gal or larger container filled with water or sand bags. If the weight doesn't work you invested almost nothing.

the.devo

Reaction score
Next time you go fishing, have a couple guys sit up front for a bit. I can feel my bow ride low with 2 guys up front on my 272 w/ 200 yammys when we are doing the run and gun