Fuel fill hoses next on the list

Emerald-coast-Grady

Reaction score
Alright the 226 is coming along slowly. I have removed all the teak in the boat sanded and re-oiled all of it ( looks great). I have decided not to put it back on until spring no reason to let it sit in the weather all winter. I have recored the gas tank hatch and going to replace the fuel tank fill hoses. I have heard its a pain in the @## to do. So do you guys have any suggestions to make it easier?? Also I pulled up the hatch between the helm chairs and found this white plastic tray that fit in the space over the aux. tank. What is this for is is it something the previous owner stuck in there. I'll take a picture of it soon so you can see what I'm talking about. I can't come up with any reason for it being there...

'84Offshore

Reaction score
All I can say is yes...........it's not easy. Try to use the existing hose as a "snake" to pul the new hose through............you can ry to connect the 2 with a smaller pc of hose.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'd snake it down, make sure you clamp off the tag end so you do not spill any fuel in the bilge, especially with increasing fuel prices!!! LOL I think it will be easier to pull it down to you since it will not snag on any panels which may occur if pulled up. There should be spots where the fuel fill hose is clamped to the deck or deck supports, make sure you disconnect them or you will never get it removed. Also, as far as teak wood, I stopped dealing with teak oils, went to Silkens matte finish stain, it looks like teak oil with no maintenance. In the NE where I boat, I get two seasons out of it with no maintenance, in a warmer climate it may be only one, but no reapplying teak oil all the time. When it is time to redo it, simply lightly sand it and reapply during the winter. Just a suggestion to make life easier in the future. I know we all buy our boats to use them, not maintain them, everything helps. Good luck with the hose replacement.