Fuel fill labels

Jtravis

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hi guys! I have a new to me 2003 330 express. The fuel fill labels have worn off. Any idea which fill corresponds with the main tank?

seasick

Reaction score
Usually the fills are in the same order as the tanks. That is to say, that the forward most fill would be for the forward most tank. As to which tank is the main and which is the aux is usually determined as the aux being the smaller capacity. If you pull off the deck access plates over the senders, the tank often has a specification plate that can be seen. You may need to wipe of the dirt and grime to see the label.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtravis

Fishtales

Reaction score
Front fill is main and rear fill is aux. The capacity of the Marlin tanks changed a while back, but I believe the main is 156 US Gal and aux is 150 US Gal.

seasick

Reaction score
Hmmmm. That is opposite to what I thought. If the rear fill is the forward tank and the forward fill is the rear tank, the fuel fill and vent hoses have to cross each other and that isn't optimal

Fishtales

Reaction score
They are not what you are thinking. The front fill is the main which is the forward tank and the rear fill is the aux which is the aft tank. They are essentially the same size.

Fishtales

Reaction score
btw, the labels are the cheapest and smallest stick on labels I've ever seen. Should have had a M and A in the mold.

seasick

Reaction score
They are not what you are thinking. The front fill is the main which is the forward tank and the rear fill is the aux which is the aft tank. They are essentially the same size.
That makes sense.

SeaVee

Reaction score
Love to find some new labels for my 265, anyone know where to find something similar to the original?

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Love to find some new labels for my 265, anyone know where to find something similar to the original?
Buy a label maker. The last ones I made have lasted 5 years and need to be replaced now, but I have found numerous uses for labels. Looked almost identical to the original if you use the correct font.

One example, I have a p-touch and am happy.