fuel gauge

jbozzuto

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I have a 2002 Gulfstream 232 with two Honda 130 engines. Fuel gauge reads empty for both main and auxiliary tanks. I know the main tank is full. Any suggestions on trouble shooting?

seasick

Reaction score
At the sender, look for the pink wire. Unplug it from the sender terminal. The gauge should read empty. Now touch/connect the pink wire to a good ground connection. The gauge should read full.
If it does, you have a bad sender or a bad ground, either the ground connection from the sender to the tank, or the connection from the system ground to the tank itself.
One other thing: Is there a switch to select which tank is connected to the gauge ( one gauge for both tanks)?

Reactions: Bloodweiser

jbozzuto

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
At the sender, look for the pink wire. Unplug it from the sender terminal. The gauge should read empty. Now touch/connect the pink wire to a good ground connection. The gauge should read full.
If it does, you have a bad sender or a bad ground, either the ground connection from the sender to the tank, or the connection from the system ground to the tank itself.
One other thing: Is there a switch to select which tank is connected to the gauge ( one gauge for both tanks)?
There is a switch to select the tank. One gauge for both tanks. Thanks for the reply.

oasis04

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I am having very similar issues
I have been filling tanks then keeping up with fuel used gauge.