Fuel light is flashing

ayjthoma

Reaction score
I have just bought a 93 208 with a 175 Yamaha. I had the boat serviced and tuned up. The engine is running finr but the fuel light is flashing on the dash board. Oil and gas are full.

freddy063

Reaction score
I don't understand, what fuel light? I doesn't think my boat haves one, where is it, on what gauge?

ayjthoma

Reaction score
Fuel light flashing

The fuel light at the bottom of the Yamaha dash. The gage has three sections I think voltage, time and fuel. There is alittle gas can icone that is flashing all the time.

freddy063

Reaction score
where is your fuel gauge and what does it read?

seasick

Reaction score
You don't say what type guages you have but I suspect the indication is low fuel. If the tank is indeed full or close to full, you probably have a bad sender, bad wire, bad ground or bad connection somewhere. Sender failures are common

ayjthoma

Reaction score
Flashing fuel gage

I just filled the boat up. There was a kicker enginge that i had spring point take off. i wondering if this has somthing to do with it. The fuel gage says full.

freddy063

Reaction score
not sure, if the fuel gauge reads full, whats the light for, what gauge is the light on? Tach, speed,fuel, or is the light somewhere eles?

ayjthoma

Reaction score
I dont know. It seems that it is a low fuel gage. I even put gas in it just to make sure it was full. Maybe it is a bad senser like seasick said. I just put alott of money in the boat to make sure it was right. I just want to make sure i am not doing something wrong. By the way i love the boat and i am keeping her on Sebago.

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
For what it's worth, the only blinking indicators we have on our Yamaha gauges are for overheat, low 2-stroke oil in main tank, low 2-stroke oil in remote tank. We have digital gauges.

freddy063

Reaction score
well check it out, i think its the bottom led flashing on you fuel gauge also like seasick said. Where did you buy the boat, will they fix it for you? I got my boat at spring point years ago but if thats where you got it they should fix it. sounds like a bad ground, might be fixed in 2 mins. And welcome to the grady life, I keep my boat in Harpswell.

freddy063

Reaction score
no theres a few of them there, I'll see him this year for sure

seasick

Reaction score
The multi bar digital fuel gauge will flash when at one bar . What I don't understand is how you can get a low fuel warning and a full tank indication. We need to know what the flashing alarm is ( what type gauge and what area on the gauge is flashing

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
seasick said:
The multi bar digital fuel gauge will flash when at one bar . What I don't understand is how you can get a low fuel warning and a full tank indication. We need to know what the flashing alarm is ( what type gauge and what area on the gauge is flashing

Yeah I don't know how that's possible to have the flashing bar with a full fuel indication. My fuel gauge bar is currently flashing with a full tank but that's because the sending unit needs to be replaced and the gauge reads empty. A picture would definitely help.

superboat5

Reaction score
If you have two tanks there is a selector switch at the helm
If you select the one thats empty it will flash (no bars)

If you dont have two tanks then you need to find out if its the gauge or sender

With the ignition key on, disconect and ground the pink wire that is atached the the sending unit to a known good ground
The gauge should read full (bad sending unit)

That how i found out my problem

good luck

ayjthoma

Reaction score
Fuel light flashig

Thanks. I have a Tech from Spring Point coming over on Wen. Bye the way i hit 60 on Sebago today!!!!!