Fuel Line Replacement on 2004 Salilfish 282

Oceanbean

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Considering changing the fuel lines on my 2004 Sailfish. Tanks are fine, visually look real good. Were pressure tested 4 years ago and all good. Hoses are dated 2003 so closing in on 20 years. They look fine on the outside.
Access to tanks and back to tank selector switch and filters is ok. The challenge will be fill and vents to the deck fills. Has anyone done this job? Any tips? If I remove the clamps to the fill hoses, and unscrew the deck fills, will the hose while connected to the topside deck fill come through the topside deck fill hole?

Any shared experiences or insights much appreciated.

thanks

OceanBean
2004 Salifish 282
F250 2019

Ridge Runner

Reaction score
Considering changing the fuel lines on my 2004 Sailfish. Tanks are fine, visually look real good. Were pressure tested 4 years ago and all good. Hoses are dated 2003 so closing in on 20 years. They look fine on the outside.
Access to tanks and back to tank selector switch and filters is ok. The challenge will be fill and vents to the deck fills. Has anyone done this job? Any tips? If I remove the clamps to the fill hoses, and unscrew the deck fills, will the hose while connected to the topside deck fill come through the topside deck fill hole?

Any shared experiences or insights much appreciated.

thanks

OceanBean
2004 Salifish 282
F250 2019
Question: I am not near my boat right now... Are the tanks vented up to the caps, or to the side of the hull? Trying to decide which filler necks to buy for my 04 282...