Fuel lines

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
So, guys... my topic of the day : fuel lines.. heh

Turns out the boat runs like a champ. There was a "slight scare"when the boat stalled at one point, but the previous owner states there was a "crimp" in the fuel lines. Now, he has owned it two-three years, the previous owner owned it 12-13 years. He has used ethanol free fuel in it and added gas stabilizer all the time and it started up and sounded beautiful in the videos.

That being said, sounds like the fuel lines are like 15 years old... not a huge issue, but I see all of you doing such a fine job of cleaning up your fuel systems, so was curious what sort of costs and labor it was to swap out the fuel lines.

Not saying it needs that, but it will be something I look into as word is that the lines may be "soft" due to age, thus creating the kink. Either way, not worried about it.. heh.. just curious how easy (I am pretty handy when I have more than a virtual boat to look at.. lol).. and what sort of costs and where the best place is to purchase the parts, currently. :p

Thanks!

Russ

SirGrady226

Reaction score
Although my boat is quite a bit smaller (226 Seafarer), I spent around 300.00 to replace my fuel lines and filters myself. It originally had just a single filter supplying both outboards, so I installed one for each and premium fuel lines. I also replaced my tank after finding corrosion at every contact point where they used rubber pads. It's a great piece of mind knowing my complete fuel system is now updated and new. I did all the work myself, it was not a big deal for me.

Mr.crab

Reaction score
I replaced mine because I moved the filters and values for easier access, once floor is up
easy job.

VeroWing

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm just finishing up pulling both tanks, replacing one, and reinstalling them, along with all new fill lines, vent lines, and supply lines to outboards. I paid approximately $12-14 a foot for 1 1/2" fill line, and $2-2.50 foot for 3/8" supply lines.

Fishtales

Reaction score
prob a good idea to change from the fuel separators back to keep material out of the engines.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I've been quoted a price of $10-$12 per ft for the 1 1/2" fuel fill hose, not checked on the hose running to the f/w separator from the tank. This is for the red line MPI hose, which seems to be the best out there.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Thanks K, have a link to some of that as an example?

If I end up having to do it, would rather do it all, right, with the best;)

Russ

Elwood223

Reaction score
I recently bought Shields 355 1-1/2 inch fill hose from Go2 Marine for $6.34/ft. That was the best price I found. Planning to install it tomorrow.