fuel management sensor

kevgle

Reaction score
Need to replace fuel sensor(in line by water separator).Part is not available.Is this serviceable.Any tips on taking this apart and then what to do would be greatly appreciated.As always'.great forum and thanks .

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Need more information, what brand and model of engine, what does the sender provide data to? There are a variety of senders? if you’re talking Yamaha do you have analog, command link, command link plus?

kevgle

Reaction score
Need more information, what brand and model of engine, what does the sender provide data to? There are a variety of senders? if you’re talking Yamaha do you have analog, command link, command

Need to replace fuel sensor(in line by water separator).Part is not available.Is this serviceable.Any tips on taking this apart and then what to do would be greatly appreciated.As always'.great forum and thanks .

kevgle

Reaction score
2000 yamaha sx 200 here is picture of part thanks

Attachments

• NTU5MDI0MA-8ec6b678.jpg
    NTU5MDI0MA-8ec6b678.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 9

kevgle

Reaction score
usually buy from boats.net or local dealer both have told me part is on backorder and no date is available

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Are you sure its not the connector before you buy a new one? When I had the Yammies I had a problem with the connector on one of those.

Also, If you have twins, swap sides and see if the problem moves.

You can also compare ohm readings between them

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Also check eBay they pop up pretty regularly as people repower.

kevgle

Reaction score
thanks for all the advice.I do have twins and neither side guage works but they are also 20yrs.old. I have working fuel guages and gps to monitor trip .just like having stuff work.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Did they quit gradually, suddenly, separately, both at the same time? Are they after the water separator? If you blow gently on the intake side, you should be able to hear the turbine spin.

kevgle

Reaction score
they are before the water separator and quit separately I think they are just old and hopefully gunked up.I am going to take them apart and inspect will get used from ebay if needed.

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I pulled one apart before and got it working for a little while before it failed again. Its not supposed to be serviceable but I figured I had nothing to loose. There is a spinning wheel in there and it was all loaded up with debris. I remember at least 1 bolt would not come out, I got it out but ruined the bolt, I bought a longer one at the hardware store and used a nut/bolt. It never leaked but only worked interminably after wiring was ruled out.