fuel sender length?

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Call Grady direct and ask for parts dept you will have an answer in 5 min and have the actual depth you need the unit mounted to as well, also your local Grady dealer can get the part for you. I called them last week for part number and size for mine to replace a bad sending unit I had. This is the easiest way to find this information out.

92explorer

Reaction score
fule tank sender

Remove it and measure the tank depth, Wema has them in stock, you'll have it next day if you pay the shipping. I called Grady and specifically asked what WEMA units to get. They told me both tanks were the same depth so I ordered 2 the same 14 1/2 inch units, turns out tanks were different depths so I'll be replacing the other one with the correct size this fall when I pull the boat and drain my tanks.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
WEMA

The tank depth is not the sender length, sender depth is less by usually about 3/4 inch, so anyone stepping on the tank top doesn't crush the sender into the bottom.

Contact Grady and ask for sender length, make sure you tell WEMA sender length, not tank depth.

The WEMA unit are very substantial in construction, no exposed electrical parts or connections, cast stainless flange, and welded stainless tube, no no hinged arm business.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Warning About the Guage

Don't get the ones Grady puts in unless it's a WEMA. I got the OEM from the guys who manufactured the one for my Adventure, Isspro, and I paid almost 3X as much for it when I could have gotten the WEMA. I didn't know about WEMA at the time, but you can bet I do now.

92explorer

Reaction score
Fuel tank sender

BobP s correct, get the wema about 1/2 inch less that your tank is deep.

My only dislike was the cork gasket, I would have preferred some type of rubber.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Grady didn't spec them to 1/2 inch, so alternately, he can measure the depth himself from teh bottom to teh top of teh tank flange, then reduce it by whatever, I'd stay with no less than 3/4 inch.

You don't want a tank reading for the junk down there anyway.

Another good thing I noticed on the WEMAs, the gauge doesn't bounce around like before with the hinged arm unit, gauge is stablil.

I have no association with WEMA nor gain any profit from promoting them.
If there are other vendors out there, I wouldn't know of their products- have not used them.