Fuel Sender Output

langski93

Reaction score
Is the output signal on the fuel sender American Standard, Euro or custom. Kus threw me a curveball when I tried to order a new unit for my 1999 GW Adventure 208. The motor is a OX66. I was tempted to say American Standard, but the engine is metric and closer to home the mounting screws on the Kus diagram is in mm, so I don't want to ass u me. Thanks

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
My 330 uses the American Standard (240-33 ohms) although I believe the Yamaha gauges can be set to either standard. That means the gauge and the sending unit must be on the same standard (American standard, 240 ohm at empty, 30 ohms at full; European standard, 0 ohms empty, 180 ohms at full). Make sure you get the correct length. KUS which I believe was previously WEMA, has a variety of lengths and can customize impedance, but you shouldn't need that. It's really a function of your fuel gauge. Check your Yamaha or other gauge installation manual to see how it interprets resistance and if it an be changed to either standard. Also shop around for best price.