fuel sending unit recomendation

cool change

Reaction score
hi... can anyone recommeded a good fuel sender unit for a yamaha 200.. thanks

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Are you talking about the fuel sender (for the gauge) that mounts in the tank? If so, then get a WEMA. (www.wemausa.com) Call GW customer service and they will give you the tank depth. Subtract 1/2" and order the resulting length directly from WEMA.

If you are referring to a fuel flow type setup, both Garmin (GFS-10) and Lowrance (EP-60) make units that are installed in the fuel line and connect to a MFD via a NMEA 2000 connection. Both work well. Although either one can be used on a N2K network, I'd recommend you get the one that corresponds with your MFD manufacturer so you can calibrate and run software updates to the fuel flow device.

cool change

Reaction score
thank u partery... its the fuel sender that goes into the gas tank.. i called GW they said it is 10 1/2 inches long. should i order a 10 inch ? Is installation hard

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'd order the 10....that way it will drop right in and when it reads "E" you will still have a bit of reserve in the tank.

Installation is not difficult, but this is a job that requires either hand or air tools only. One spark from an electric or cordless screwdriver and you can end up with a really bad day.

Pop the inspection plate...give the bolts a squirt of penetrating oil...let them sit a bit, then remove the bolts. Disconnect the two wires and the sender lifts right out.

I'd replace the gasket (and WEMA should include a new one)....drop the new sender in...tighten the screws....reconnect the wires....presto.

Two suggestions:

1.) Sender should be tight but not overtightened.
2.) Run the fuel level in the tank down first before you start this job. If the tank is full you will be dealing with sloshing fuel coming out the top of the tank as well as fumes while you are doing the job.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Put some di-elctric grease on the connections for the unit. It's a piece of cake job. But like the man said, a spark and your wife just bought the farm.

cool change

Reaction score
thank u guys... i order the wema sender today ill keep u updated thanks again