Fuel Sending Unit

Reaction score
Have a 1995 262 Chase. Fuel gage quit working. Removed fuel sensor and made sure electrical connections were OK and that float ball was free. What is best way to check if guage is bad or if sending unit is bad? :?:

seasick

Reaction score
If you have an ohmmeter, the sender should read about 230 ohms at low and about 40 ohms at high level. (disconnect the wire to the sender first .. Pink maybe)

If you ground the wire from the sender to the gauge, the gauge should read full. If you disconnect it, the gauge should read empty

Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, I have a very good meter and some electrical experience. I'll give your suggestion a try. I hate to start buying and replacing parts until I solve a problem.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Fuel Sender

If it's the original unit, it is probably smoked at this point in your boat's life. However, a new WEMA unit is pretty inexpensive and it might be easier than going through the diagnostics. Just a thought. My boat is newer than yours, and my sender only lasted 9 years.

fishhrd

Reaction score
I just replaced mine on a 07 222. Fuel sending unit cost $85 from a grady dealer.

Reaction score
Does anyone out there know the size (inches long) of the fuel sender unit for the 95 262 Chase. I prefer not to have to pull the old unit, put it back and then order a new one, pull it out again and replace. Is there a better place to buy the replacement than a Grady dealer?

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Call or email Grady Customer service, they will give you sender length for your model boat.

Google "Wema" for senders.