Fuel tank bad sending unit?

bdubz06

Reaction score
My fuel tank gauge on my Yamaha Command Link system shows a full tank all the time. It was just working the other day at the gas station but when I took her out this weekend first noticed it wasn't registering my actual gas tank level. I know I don't even have close to a full tank.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tactics to determine if it is indeed a bad sending unit or just perhaps an electrical or grounding issue?

Thank you for your help.

pablor

Reaction score
can you send to me as well? Mine started doing the same but sometimes it goes from empty to full and back to empty...

izzy

Reaction score
I have three pages from Grady with the specs,trouble shooting charts and such that I can forward to you guys if you PM me a fax number or an e-mail address with which I can send an attachment with the info.

freddy063

Reaction score
I would like a copy of it too. to post it on here save it to a PDF file and post it like a pic.

izzy

Reaction score
freddy063 said:
I would like a copy of it too. to post it on here save it to a PDF file and post it like a pic.

Sorry, but I'm not so slick to perform that activity (I still use my 8 track player)

I sent it along already to a few other people who PM'd me and I would ask if you would be so kind to PM me with a fax number or an e-mail address I'll send it to you and maybe you can help out and post it on this board?