Fuel Tank for 20' Overnighter

constructr

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Hello,

My 19 year old son just bought his first boat. A 20' GW Overnighter and it needs a new 65 gal. fuel tank.
Can someone tell me if there is a source in the Chesapeake Bay area for one? Thanks for your help.

reveregrady

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
A few years ago my 100 gallon tank went. I bought a 100 gallon tank from northern tool, BIG mistake. Huge fitment issue. Remove your floor panel and take measurements! I went to a local marine supply store and ordered two fuel tanks from Moller marine, plastic, cheaper option, 2 24 gallon tanks. I installed two fills, so one more hose routed and filler cap. I rigged it up so that both tanks go to one feed for engine. It sucks evenly and requires one sender to be rigged up. Line bilge walls with foam sheets, install rubber matt on bottom of tanks, secure tanks with wood. I also took this opportunity to replace all wood in my bilge that was rotted and fiberglass. Welding World of Florida sells oem Grady tanks on they're website and on ebay. If you cannot pick up, you must pay freight which is pricey. Two weeks advance is needed for tank to be built for pick up. Good luck!

nuclear

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
A few years ago my 100 gallon tank went. I bought a 100 gallon tank from northern tool, BIG mistake. Huge fitment issue. Remove your floor panel and take measurements! I went to a local marine supply store and ordered two fuel tanks from Moller marine, plastic, cheaper option, 2 24 gallon tanks. I installed two fills, so one more hose routed and filler cap. I rigged it up so that both tanks go to one feed for engine. It sucks evenly and requires one sender to be rigged up. Line bilge walls with foam sheets, install rubber matt on bottom of tanks, secure tanks with wood. I also took this opportunity to replace all wood in my bilge that was rotted and fiberglass. Welding World of Florida sells oem Grady tanks on they're website and on ebay. If you cannot pick up, you must pay freight which is pricey. Two weeks advance is needed for tank to be built for pick up. Good luck!
Correct me if I am reading this wrong, but now you only have 48 gal. capacity?

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
What's up Just1more... LOL Check pm on THT.