Fuel Tank Gauge Switch

Steds83

Reaction score
I'm new (yesterday!) to a 2001 265 Express and tyring to understand how the fuel gauge works. Yamaha twin 200 HPDIs and Yamaha gauges. Boat has 2 (main and aux) tanks. How do I switch between tanks to check levels? I don't think it would monitor both at the same time. Thanks for your help!

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If its the same as my 226 was, the Main/Aux switch on the panel controls the fuel gauge.

The actual flow (which tank is being drawn from) was controlled by a "Y" valve in the stern compartment.

Lefty

Reaction score
Yep, to check the fuel levels, just use the switch on the control panel to toggle between main/aux. I believe each line on the digital display represents a $50 bill. To actually change which tank the motors are drawing from, you have to look in the vertical doors located in each corner of the stern (Port and SB). There you will find the valves. You are going to love this boat. Search this site and you'll find lots of good tips from guys with a lot of hours operating this 26 ft battlewagon. I have a 2000 w/ OX66 225's and love it - hopefully, with your HPDI's, you will get better than the 1.15 mpg I get.

grady23

Reaction score
If I follow your question, there is only 1 display for both tanks. That's why you need to switch between tanks for monitoring.