Fuel tank replacement on 306

GWBimini306

Reaction score
Looking into replacing tank and fuel lines on my 2000 306 cc. I have the prices on tanks 150 & 156 gal... but was curious on you can expect to pay to install?

Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
I think that the tanks can be replaced without having to remove any superstructure but I am not sure if anything has to be cut ( bulkheads) under the deck to replace the forward tank. That work if necessary will bump up the cost. I am not sure what the labor rates are in your area nor how much the price of aluminum has increased but I would expect the labor to cost as much as the tanks (about 3 to 4 thousand maybe?)

dgrizzly

Reaction score
Depends how well you want to put them back in as well and which tanks you get(how thick gauge aluminum and from where). I would find out the exact specs / dimensions of the tanks from Grady white CS first. While their out I would also recommend replacing the fuel hose to the engines, the fuel intake hose, breather hoses and fuel senders so you wont have to worry about anything else fuel related for a long time.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Looking into replacing tank and fuel lines on my 2000 306 cc. I have the prices on tanks 150 & 156 gal... but was curious on you can expect to pay to install?

Thanks
Curious as those are the same size of the tanks in my Marlin. Can you share pricing/details on the tanks? I assume they are metal?

Fishtales

Reaction score
I believe (if memory is correct as I've only had the forward deck up a few times) you can pull the decks and there will be sufficient access to install.

GWBimini306

Reaction score
Depends how well you want to put them back in as well and which tanks you get(how thick gauge aluminum and from where). I would find out the exact specs / dimensions of the tanks from Grady white CS first. While their out I would also recommend replacing the fuel hose to the engines, the fuel intake hose, breather hoses and fuel senders so you wont have to worry about anything else fuel related for a long time.
I should have mentioned that I'm going to replace everything during update. I did get specs on tanks to use and will epoxy coat too. Thanks for responding.

GWBimini306

Reaction score
Curious as those are the same size of the tanks in my Marlin. Can you share pricing/details on the tanks? I assume they are metal?
I haven't ordered yet but spoke to a few builders and narrowed down to two. The others were to far out. You'll be in the neighborhood of 4 to 5k. Most boat fuel are aluminum as far as I know. Thanks