fuel tank replacement

19TOURNY

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the gas tank in my 1988 tournament 19. I think I've found what looks like a direct replacement from RDS. Has anyone had any experience changing tanks?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had a 1986 19 Tournament....got the replacement from RDS...fit like a glove.

Bluebill

Reaction score
Take your time in this job and do it right...I did a tank replacement on my 83 tournament 19 in 2013..There are a lot good resources on this forum, including step by step instructions...make sure you replace all hoses, and double clamp them opposing ...use 3m 5200 to completely glue neoprene pads TO THE TANK anywhere the tank will be touching hull, tank enclosure, and deck to avoid future "Crevice Corrosion" The original installs on these tanks were not really very good, so if you do it right, the tank should outlive the rest of the boat.

UCPA111

Reaction score
Replaced my tank in my 1984 Seafarer. Pitted where it sat in the hold.... New tank (Patriot Marine Fabrication - New Jersey) fit like a glove. I made pad areas in the tank well area and then cut pads and 5200ed them to the tank securely. I check tank area and it's bone dry...but in case it got wet I wanted to be sure I didn't have moisture trapped.

seasick

Reaction score
LOL. Hopefully he got the tank replaced by now:)