Fuel tank sender gasket

DanBizz

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
1994 Grady White Sailfish fuel smell. Need fuel tank sender gasket. One on tank failed. Anyone know where to purchase one or part number? I searched KUS but they don't give much info on gasket
Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
It is a standard item. Any marine store would have one assuming it is the round one with five holes.
Here is a West Marine sample

When you put things back together, remember that the gasket hole are not symetrical and it goes on only one way. Also do not overtightem the screws, hand snug is fine as long as the flange on the tank is not distorted.

DanBizz

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
It is a standard item. Any marine store would have one assuming it is the round one with five holes.

When you put things back together, remember that the gasket hole are not symetrical and it goes on only one way. Also do not overtightem the screws, hand snug is fine as long as the flange on the tank is not distorted.

Really not a standard item. I ordered these and the gasket is too small.

Moeller Marine 035728-10, Gasket for Fuel Tank Sending Unit, 5 Hole, Electric and Mechanical​

DanBizz

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish

Moeller Marine 035728-10, Gasket for Fuel Tank Sending Unit, 5 Hole, Electric and Mechanical​

The sender on Grady-White is KUS.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
On my old tanks the saltwater got under the rubber gasket and eroded the aluminum tank. You can/should use a Permatex fuel safe gasket gasket treatment on the tank side. Sending unit is probably stainless and in good shape so its not needed. Also note the sending units are indexed and must go back in correctly otherwise the screw holes won't line up (don't ask me how I know this).

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If you're having problems finding the gasket (taking into account the note above about the surface)... have you called KUS directly?

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265

That surprises me because the 5 hole pattern and hole size is a standard. They make different materials (not all sending units are for FUEL tanks)

This is from KUS-USA website.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 9.20.29 AM.png

seasick

Reaction score
Measure the diameter of a circle that lines up with the holes. If that measurement is 2 1/8 inch your gasket is a standard SAE 5 hole version. There are various other size mounts for KUS senders ( including SAE). If you have your sender model number, KUS should be able to give you the gasket specs