fuel water separator for Gulfstream twin 200 Yamaha's

dotts

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I just removed the fuel line from a 8hp kicker motor at the water separator. It had a line shutoff valve so I shut it off and cut the line. Couldn't pull it off. Now my starboard main 200 won't start! Is there some sort of vacuum now lost? I thought of trying the bulb to prime but it didn't sound like it was even trying to turn over. I want to remove the inline fitting from the separator but don't know what size the blocking plug would be. Don't want to buy a whole assembly but may have to. Somewhat corroded. Anyone know the size? I'm guessing 3/8.

Sparkdog118

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
There is a good chance you are loosing suction they the old hose from the kicker. The average size is 3/8 npt for the plug on the filter. Small percentage of filters use 1/4 npt. A brass plug can be found at any hardware store.

dotts

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Actually the idiot(me) that removed the wiring from the kicker motor missed one of the cables that had fallen behind the battery. All is well now. I have the plug, free from Bass Pro Shops Maintenance dept(thanks again) but the bracket must be taken off to put it in because of the tight fit they used an elbow. Unfortunately, the screws won't budge in the confined space to remove the bracket. Buying a philips head socket with extension. Thanks for the feedback. Next thing is the aft bilge pump. No noise when I hit the manual switch. Need to check the power at the pump and float switch. I didn't look at the time but are most Grady's supplied with Rule 1500's? Didn't even notice where was in the transom. Hope is accessible.

seasick

Reaction score
Actually the idiot(me) that removed the wiring from the kicker motor missed one of the cables that had fallen behind the battery. All is well now. I have the plug, free from Bass Pro Shops Maintenance dept(thanks again) but the bracket must be taken off to put it in because of the tight fit they used an elbow. Unfortunately, the screws won't budge in the confined space to remove the bracket. Buying a philips head socket with extension. Thanks for the feedback. Next thing is the aft bilge pump. No noise when I hit the manual switch. Need to check the power at the pump and float switch. I didn't look at the time but are most Grady's supplied with Rule 1500's? Didn't even notice where was in the transom. Hope is accessible.
The float switch has nothing to do with manual mode. Check power and note that battery switch has to be on for manual mode to work. Of course batter doesn't have to be on for auto mode. Separate fusing also for each mode.
Check connections at pump, especially the ground side.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I learned a long time ago that it’s easy to miss a battery cable. When I remove them, I take a long zip tie and zip them all together through the lug. When I’m ready to reconnect, I just cut the zip tie.

Reactions: Sparkdog118