full enclosure questions

dale1

Reaction score
Clockwork said:
I dont really like the traditional canvas/clear plastic window setups. They look nice new but wear fast and always are wavy, distorting vision. Plus, i never take mine off. I built a rigid acrylic enclosure. Im loving it so far.

clockwork,

man, that looks sweet from what i can see. can you please post additional photos or send me some to dalenifong@gmail.com

I built a plexi front shield for my 265, but your work looks much better.

what type of plastic is that?

thanks
dale

dale1

Reaction score
thanks.

I'm in the process of making the panels now. Its coming out ok. I didnt have anything to go by except these inputs and pictures. However, so far so good. Does anyone know what the snaps are for on the inside of the window frame? I'll post photos or a video soon. thanks, dale

TUNAHUNTER197

Reaction score
Dale, I just got my enclosure finished up on Wednesday. I am extremely happy with how it looks, but have learned some things. The front window is 60 gauge polycarbonate, and the sides are 60 gauge strata glass. I went with strata on the sides in case I wanted to install roll up windows, since you can really roll up the poly. The front window is clear as day, and I can't even tell a window is there. My only regret, which I can fix down the road is to not have poly installed all around. There should be snaps on the inside and outside of the window trim. This way the window is supported by two snaps, and doesn't allow water to sneak under the outside lip into the cabin. All in all I am happy, paid a price to have it made, and super jealous that you have the ability to tackle this project by yourself. Let us know how it comes out. Below are pictures of my 00 265 Express with the new enclosure installed. Lastly, you should make covers for the windows, this will help with yellowing and protect the window when sitting in the sun all day.

Attachments

• Enclosure 1.JPG
    Enclosure 1.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 2,389
  • Enclosure 2.JPG
    Enclosure 2.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,389
  • Enclosuer 3.JPG
    Enclosuer 3.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 2,388

gulfcoastangler

Reaction score
We also ordered the strata enclosure from A&J for our 33 express in the off white to match the grady and it was awesome would not do it any other color or with anything other than the strata. Very important with the cleaning on the strata glass use their product's if you want it to stay pretty I also rinse it very well first with fresh water.

dale1

Reaction score
thanks for all the responses. I"m winding down the project. It came out OK. I'm satisfied, but not elated. I post some pics soon.

For those of you who have a set of canvas, do you think a set of privacy curtains would be useful?

My thoughts are to have privacy at the dock. I've haven't seen it, but it is doable. I just don't know how practical. I was able to find plenty of pics of snap on curtains, but could not find a roll down set. the 265 has a large hard top, so there is plenty of room.

thanks
dale

dale1

Reaction score
TUNAHUNTER197 said:
Dale, I just got my enclosure finished up on Wednesday. I am extremely happy with how it looks, but have learned some things. The front window is 60 gauge polycarbonate, and the sides are 60 gauge strata glass. I went with strata on the sides in case I wanted to install roll up windows, since you can really roll up the poly. The front window is clear as day, and I can't even tell a window is there. My only regret, which I can fix down the road is to not have poly installed all around. There should be snaps on the inside and outside of the window trim. This way the window is supported by two snaps, and doesn't allow water to sneak under the outside lip into the cabin. All in all I am happy, paid a price to have it made, and super jealous that you have the ability to tackle this project by yourself. Let us know how it comes out. Below are pictures of my 00 265 Express with the new enclosure installed. Lastly, you should make covers for the windows, this will help with yellowing and protect the window when sitting in the sun all day.

Man, that looks great:)

Bobroc

Reaction score
Hello Clockwork
i hope you get this. Saw the photo of your upgrade to an acrylic enclosure for your Grady White. It looks great and I would like to do the same for mine. I have a Seafarer 228 with a hardtop and Strata glass curtains. I love the boat but am not a fan of the curtains. I need protection here in Hawaii in our rough water but my visibility is too limited. Would like to get some details from you on how you did it. Not sure I logged in correctly. If not my email is:
bobroc808@gmail.com
Hope to hear from you.
Aloha,
Bob Rocheleau

Fishtales

Reaction score
Tough to be A&J. They have the patterns, use quality materials and the price was very competitive.