Full windshield for an 265 express?

Sea monkey

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 265 and have been loving it so far, however, the one thing I have noticed is that it could really use a full windshield instead of the curtain, any time I have run in rough seas or at night I really need to open the curtain for visibility.... Has anyone done this???

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I agree it would be interesting. I had the same visibility issues with the clear curtain so I had it changed to Strataglass this spring and it's almost as good as glass. Really clear so the visibility is great. We'll see how long it holds up but the Strataglass is supposed to be resistant to clouding up. I suspect this is a lot less expensive approach than switching to glass.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I switched to strataglass on mine a few years back and try and keep it as clean as I can. I usually have no problem seeing through it. At night I will get some glare so I will roll it up if need be. For me the big problem is the top of the windshield is right in my line of sight when sitting at the helm. I end up having to stand and use the seat more as a leaning post because my eyes are even with the top of the windshield and the bottom of the enclosure. I don't know if when they designed this it was a really tall or short person. I consider myself average height at 5'10. It would be nice if they made the windshield a few inches taller.