Furuno 1870F - Help

jasgator5220

Reaction score
Model
Advance
My Furuno 1870F was recently reset to factory settings. The fish finder, depth, etc. seems fine. However, the GPS is not connecting. I have a “No Fix” message on most screens. I’m a newby setting these things up and any help is greatly appreciated. Everything is connected up correctly as the GPS function was working fine prior to the factory reset. The unit was reset because it is new to me and I thought setting it up from scratch would make it easier to set up how I want it . . . kinda back-fired. Thanks in advance . . .

seasick

Reaction score
How long did you wait. The hard reset can cause the system to have to search for satellites starting from a factory set up default loc that is probably many miles away. I would give it 5 or 10 minutes just to see if it locates nearby satellites. Another possibility is that you have the wrong input set for the location signal. Do you have a hard wired antenna or a networked antenna?

jasgator5220

Reaction score
Model
Advance
I certainly felt like I waited more than 10 mins, but I can try again. I think it is an input issue. I have a hard wired antenna, I believe it is the GPA017 and expected to see this as an input option. What I did see was internal GPS, automatic and IF-NMEA2K2.

seasick

Reaction score
To start, select the option for Internal antenna. I suspect that should work,
I think that your external antenna doesn't connect directly to the unit but rather goes through a network converter. One step at a time;try internal antenna, and go from there. While the unit is trying to find the satellites, keep the boat at rest

Last edited:

jasgator5220

Reaction score
Model
Advance
Will do . . . thanks for the help.