furuno radar

mjmwelder

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a Furuno radar,the 1834c has caught my eye.If anyone out there has this radar please give me your opinion of this unit.
A list of pros & cons would be appreciated.

Moxsea

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I am running Furuno 1934C and love the unit. Just installed sat weather this weekend. The difference between Furuno 1800 & 1900 is Radome versus open array. Both are good, unless you are looking for birds. Then you'll need 25kw array. My 6kw is not sensitive enough for birds, and I'm running out of money. Good luck in you search. Jack

mjmwelder

Reaction score
I want the radar for navigation & collision avoidance.Its going to be mount on a Gulfstream, so room for mounting is limited.Money is a concern, but I would rather buy a quality unit,then get a deal on something I would't be happy with.

Moxsea

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The 1834 has no compromises, 10.4" screen, c-map chart and flawless radar. You wouldn't be making a mistake choosing Furuno. Only one thing you must be committed to learning the unit, not easy in the first couple of weeks and reading the manuals may give you a headache, At First. Once you are up to speed you won't change your mind. I suggest demo'ing the unit in a shop first. Call consumer marine (should be close to you) see if they have a unit on display to demo.

Hoghunter

Reaction score
mjmwelder said:
I want the radar for navigation & collision avoidance.Its going to be mount on a Gulfstream, so room for mounting is limited.Money is a concern, but I would rather buy a quality unit,then get a deal on something I would't be happy with.

I have a used system posted for sale. It's listed under the for sale section here. If interested contact me.